The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide. The League of Women Voters neither supports nor opposes any political party or candidate for public office.
The League of Women Voters is a political membership organization which:
The League of Women Voters Education Fund is a public policy educational organization which:
- acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
We believe in:
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process
- studies key community issues at all governmental levels
- enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
- respect for individuals
- the value of diversity
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities
- act with trust and integrity in our pursuit of facts
- advocate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- promote diversity in membership
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.